Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2014

Science Fiction Series: The Classics

Let's talk more about Science Fiction!!! or: The Second part of the my favourite series series. In this post it's all about classic Science Fiction. When I think about the classics Science Fiction wise I think about Spaceships (probably because I've grown up with Star Trek and similar). For the sake of this post it will be all thats from the 90s or 2000s; or what I watched in my schooldays (or what I could have watched in the time... thinking about Firefly here what I discovered way to late). As I watched all of this some time ago and I think most of you will know them it's going to be more about my general impression than whats actually happens in them. I have linked the Wikipedia articles through the pictures though...

Star Trek
Which one exactly? The Original Series? Enterprise? Voyager? Deep Space Nine? Next Generation? (Hope I didn't forget one.) And there are the films as well... I think I have seen Next Generation at first, so that had to be my favourite, but I liked them all. Deep Space Nine was a bit slow at the start, but with season 3 its definitively gotten better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek
Nicest of the logos^^

Andromeda
I started Andromeda because it was from Gene Roddenberry, I liked Star Trek and it kind of belonged to the classic Spaceship Science Fiction for me. Andremoda was nice, but it got weird in the last season. But I really liked the secondary characters. (I do most of the time. For me a good series always needs good ones as I often like their storys more.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_%28TV_series%29

Firefly
Space cowboys and probably the series with the biggest fan protest after a to early cancellation. Enough of a description. For me anyway. There was the film as a little consolation (which I still haven't seen because a friend spoiled it and I don't want to watch certain people die...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_%28TV_series%29

Stargate
Again which one? SG1? Atlantis or Universe? And again there are the films... I really liked SG1 and Atlantis. Discovering new worlds is always a big plus for me when it comes to Science Fiction. Universe on the other hand wasn't for me. Mainly for optical reasons - I didn't like the wobbly camera work and the mainly grey tones of the series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_SG-1

Sliders
Similar to Stargate it was the discovering of new worlds that drew me to sliders (and that it was on German TV directly before/after Doctor Who). Only, in Sliders it's parallel worlds.  Sometimes it's just minor details, sometimes the worlds are entirely different. France as world power. A world where you move backwards through time? The possibilities are endless. Unfortunately about after a half of the series it's went downhill for me so that I didn't watch until the end... maybe I give it another try.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliders


C

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

[Insert comment here]